2020 capital investment programme to increase the number of early learning and care and school age childcare places
WCCC has put in place a process to update the Guide to Services for Young People with Disabilities (document attached )
The Early Years Working Group will support the review and updating of the Guide to Services for Young People with Disabilities.
Reminder re: FAR Application closing date Quarter 2: 13th September 2019
Childminding Development Grant 2019 is now open.
A €1000 grant is available for people providing a home based childminding service. If you are childminding or are intending to open a childminding service in your own home, you can avail of the grant scheme.
The childminding development grant is designated to purchase toys, educational materials and equipment or make some minor household adaptations to assist you in developing quality home based childminding service.
To be eligible to apply for the grant, you should have the following
1. Minimum numbers of children in your service:
a) 3 children on a part time basis
b) 1 child full time basis and 1 child on a part time basis
2. Completion of adequate training:
Quality Awareness Programme and Introduction to Always Children First: Tusla’s ELearning programme
Equivalent childminding course or quality related training.
3. Required to operate as a childminder for a minimum of two years following receipt of the grant.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Click on the link below to download a copy of the Childminding Development Grant Application form:
You may apply for a 90% grant up to €1,000 for small capital items. To get the maximum of €1,000 you need to spend €1,111 or more.
How the application process works:
- Get the Application Form from the WCCC or download it from the link above.
- Send an email to the Westmeath Childcare Committee expressing your interest in the Grant and details of any training you have completed in the past two years.
- Decide what items you would like to get for your childminding service. Think of the ages of children in your care and their developmental needs.
- Complete the form and submit it by post to the Meath County Childcare Committee to the address below:
Meath County Childcare Committee
· DON’T BUY ANYTHING until you received a written approval from the Meath County Childcare Committee!
· When you purchase items that have been approved, keep all the receipts.
· Send in the receipts to the MCCC (originals only). If you need a copy of the receipt, please let them know.
· Receive your grant cheque in the post.
The Closing date for the Childminding Development Grant Application 2019 is Wednesday the 14th of August 2019.