Parent and Toddler Grant Funding - NOW AVAILABLE
Westmeath County Childcare Committee in collaboration with the Minister for Children & Youth Affairs is delighted to seek applications for a Parent & Toddler grant, from existing, or those wishing to set up, Parent and Toddler Groups. If you are involved in running a Parent & Toddler Group in Co. Westmeath and would like further information: please contact Westmeath County Childcare Committee on
Closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 28th July 2017.
Information on grants available:
Applications for funding under this scheme should only be made by Parent & Toddler Groups that are organised on a not for profit basis and involve the participation of parents in the community. Grants will normally range from €100 to €1,000. Existing groups can apply for a maximum grant of €800. New start up groups may apply for a maximum grant of up €1000.
Funding will be available for:
· Toys, equipment and books
· Training for parents, e.g. paediatric first aid, committee skills, parenting courses
· Children’s activities, e.g. arts and crafts, music
· Limited funding will be available towards insurance, rent or minor refurbishment, up to a maximum of 30% of total funding.
Funding will not be available for:
· Groups operating out of private homes
· One off events such as outings, parties and trips
· Groups with a closing balance of €3,000 or more in the previous year
· Groups who received funding in previous years and did not return the Progress Report and receipts for items purchased
· Groups who do not submit evidence of appropriate insurance when making their application
Click here to download Parent and Toddler Grant Application 2017