The Department of Children and Youth Affairs has directed the expansion of criteria for the Childcare Education and Training Support programme (CETS) from the 27th of March 2017 to include parents attending secondary school.
This change means that parents attending secondary school are now entitled to receive childcare funding under the CETS Programme.
Participants on the following Education Programmes are eligible to apply for CETS funding.
· CETS approved Education and Training Board (ETB) courses – (former FAS courses)
· CETS approved Vocational Training Opportunities Scheme (VTOS)
· CETS approved Youthreach
· Back to Education Initiative (BTEI)
· Secondary School Students
What a parent needs to apply:
· Child PPSN
· Child D.O.B
· Parent PPSN
· Parent D.O.B
· Stamped or headed paper letter of eligibility from relevant course provider/secondary school as proof of eligibility to apply for the CETS Programme.
Please note: The eligibility criteria for the CETS expansion is only open to secondary school students enrolled for Junior Cert or Leaving Cert Cycles and will cover exam times.
If you have any queries or require further information please contact WCCC.