Pobal is contracted, on behalf of the Department of Children and Youth Affairs (DCYA), to conduct compliance visits with each participating childcare service under the three DCYA funding programmes:
- Free Pre-School year in Early Childhood Care and Education (ECCE)
- Childcare Education and Training Support (CETS)
- Community Childcare Subvention (CCS)
- Private providers can be approved under two programmes - ECCE and CETS
- Community-based providers can be approved under three programmes - CCS, ECCE & CETS.
- Each service will receive a compliance visit to verify that conditions of the programme(s) under which they are approved for are being complied with as detailed in the signed funding agreement(s).
- As instructed by Minister Frances Fitzgerald, Department of Children and Youth Affairs, services that are approved entry to the national childcare programmes from September 2013 to August 2014 will be subject to an UNANNOUNCED compliance visit from Pobal. No notification email or telephone contact will be made in advance of the Pobal Visit Officer arriving at the service to conduct the on-site compliance checks.
- Please note that all Pobal Visit Officers hold official Pobal photographic identification.
To find out more - CLICK HERE